Last Updated: 2022/09/26
2. Trademarks: The Journal of the American Center for Nutrition and ANA are trademarks of Journal of the American Center for Nutrition and these and any other marks appearing on this site may not be used in any manner (including in keywords, “meta-tags,” “hidden text” or domain names) without Journal of the American Center for Nutrition’s or the relevant owner’s prior written approval.
3. License to Submitted Suggestions and Ideas: If you submit ideas or material to the Website, you grant us a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, sublicensable license and right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such material or idea in any manner.
4. Disclaimer Regarding Professional Advice: The Journal of the American Center for Nutrition does not provide medical or legal advice. This Website and any content herein are for informational and educational purposes only. Visiting this website, receipt of information on this Website, or the transmission of information from or to this Website, does not represent a physician-patient, healthcare professional-client, or attorney-client relationship. The legal information on this Website is intended only for informational and educational purposes and does not constitute professional legal advice. The health-related information on this Website does not represent the practice of medicine, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, or provide definitive disease management. At no point should you use any approach discussed here as a substitute for the advice and counsel of a physician or other qualified health provider. Journal of the American Center for Nutrition does not exercise control over the information posted by Members and website users and disclaims any responsibility for its accuracy. Views of Members do not necessarily represent those of Journal of the American Center for Nutrition.
5. External Links: Journal of the American Center for Nutrition exercises no authority over the content of linked sites, each of which maintains independent privacy and data collection policies and procedures. We assume no responsibility or liability for these independent sites and are not responsible for the independent policies or procedures of destination sites. Nor do we take responsibility for the privacy initiatives or the content of such Web sites. These destination links are provided only for your convenience, and as such, you access them at your own risk.
6. Disclaimer: You use the Website at your own risk, and the Website assumes no responsibility for damage to computer hardware or software from interaction with or downloads from the Website. Journal of the American Center for Nutrition does not exercise control over downloads posted by Members. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT AUTHORIZED BY LAW, JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CENTER FOR NUTRITION WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR FOR LOSSES WHICH YOU MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR THE INTERNET GENERALLY, OR YOUR USE THEREOF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF THE DATA OR OTHER MATERIALS TRANSMITTED THROUGH OR RESIDING ON THE WEBSITE, REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OF CLAIM OR THE NATURE OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION, EVEN IF JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CENTER FOR NUTRITION HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE OR LOSS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT AUTHORIZED BY LAW, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AGAINST JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CENTER FOR NUTRITION WILL BE TO DISCONTINUE USING THE WEBSITE.
7. Liability Limitation and Indemnification: Visitor agrees to hold Website harmless for any damages and waives all rights to claims for such. Visitor agrees that in the event he or she causes damage that the Website is required to pay for, he or she will reimburse the Website for said damage.
8. Jurisdiction: THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE COMMON LAWS OF THE SOUTH CAROLINA STATE, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICTS OF LAWS PROVISIONS. The parties agree that in any action arising out of this Agreement or relating to the operation of the Website or content appearing therein, they irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of the South Carolina State. In any action to enforce this agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to costs and attorneys fees. Without limiting the effect of any disclaimer contained herein, any cause of action you may have with respect to your use of the Website must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises.
1. Personal Information We Collect: When you visit JACN Websites, there are five types of information you might provide to us: contact information you knowingly choose to disclose; registration information when registering for an event, billing information when you donate, join, subscribe, or make a purchase; demographic or other information about you; and technical information collected by us as you interact with our websites.
2. Information You Post: If you post any personal information in public and/or social network areas of the JACN Websites, e.g., in online community forums or chat rooms, the information disclosed may be displayed to other users of these services and may be collected and used by others over whom we have no control. JACN is not responsible for the use made by third parties of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of the JCN Websites and communities. If you remove information that you have made public on JACN Websites and communities, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the JACN Websites or if others have copied or saved that information.
3. Use of Personal Information: The information collected may be used by JACN for the purpose of providing you with the content you request, operating and improving JACN Websites, providing a positive user experience, and delivering the products and services that we offer.
We may also use the information we gather to inform you of other products or services available from JACN or to contact you about your opinion of current products and services or potential new products and services that may be offered.
4. Monitoring of Information and Cookies: We monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the JACN Websites. We may also use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important changes to the websites, new services or features offered by JACN, and special offers and information we think you will find valuable. If you would rather not receive this information, please contact us online or by phone at 866-264-5226.
We collect standard information, by way of a cookie, to help us evaluate how our sites are being used. A cookie is a small uniquely identifiable text file that is stored on your machine. A cookie collects information that is used for statistical purposes and does not identify you in any way.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser settings to prevent that. Even without accepting cookies, you can still use most of the features throughout the JACN Websites.